Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lets Get Personal


We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain;
Hebrews 6:19

Our hope is so secure. My soul is anchored by Gospel hope even in the depths of the deepest sea of woe and want for it is fastened on the sturdiest rock which resides in the innermost place of Heaven. 
At the right hand of  God sits my Saviour, the one who sustains me. And He lets me in so I might gaze, even if vaguely now, on the one who cannot change or lie (vs.18), the one who has promised me blessedness (vs.14). God, I want to walk with you today and feel the steadiness of my anchor as the waves crash around. Take me, let me in, impart to me faith and hope so that whatever the day holds I might reflect in joy while still hoping for the day the seas will remain forever calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment