Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday In The City

Saturday was my birthday, and although it was great fun spending time with friends and birthday-partying it up, nothing beats a low-key Sunday birthday celebration with Josh. Of course, the shopping was a big sell.

The day started with socks. Not stinky ones, cute ones. Socks I received for my birthday from my lovely father and mother in law. See what I mean...


After socks, came soccer. Scratch that, turns out the North Beach cafe we went to watch Roma play was playing the Niners game instead. Ughh! When will America realize it's all about futbol not football. Fail.

Nothing a little birthday lunch couldn't fix though. Especially one that takes place at the window table overlooking Washington Square Park.





Josh was really excited about his fried chicken. Then again, he gets pretty excited about anything fried.


Eggs, leeks and cauliflower. Yum.


And no meal is complete without some fatty pork belly.

Watching the cute dogs play in the park during lunch inspired us to take a quick stroll through it.




That little limp girl is Lillie Hitchcock from this post.




Hooray for the first weekend of Fall! And for changing leaves!



Oh yeah, I got my hair cut.


After the park we drove downtown to spend some of my birthday money. I have to say though, the drive was probably my favorite part of the shopping trip. There is something about looking up and seeing nothing but tall buildings surrounding you that makes you feel like you are in some sort of nostalgic movie.


Kinda like You've Got Mail. Which we decided to watch when we got home. We always save it for the Fall. I realize it takes place during every season of the year, but for some reason the scenes that take place in the Fall are so memorable and warm.

"That caviar is a garnish!" Till next Sunday then.

No comments:

Post a Comment