Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday Soccerthon In The City





This Sunday was an all out soccer-thon! With great things happening in between.

The day started with Chelsea v Queens Park Rangers. Chelsea was very unlucky with the refs this time around and played a majority of the game with only 9 players. They loss 1-0. Josh and I both missed Torres and his beautiful hair immensely, but he will be back next game after sitting out for his previous red card.

The game inspired us to go play some soccer ourselves. And it was a beautiful day in SF so the idea was quickly adopted. I also am trying to rehab my hamstring to get back into soccer shape, so this was a good opportunity. 






I'm so fast, the camera couldn't handle it.









Josh and I decided to do our best goal celebrations, here they are.






Josh went to go surf after that and I watched "Once more with feeling" the Buffy musical episode because the songs had been stuck in my head for a week. I thought watching it again would rid me of tunes like this one...


but it only got worse. 


We went to church after that and saw some people get baptized. I forgot how exhilarating it is to hear people proclaim their faith in Jesus and associate with his death and resurrection through baptism. 


And to bookend our soccerthon of a day, we went over to our friends house to watch the Man City v Man U game they had tivoed. 


Till next Sunday then.

No comments:

Post a Comment