Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Morning


And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish.
-John x. 28

The Christian should never think or speak lightly of unbelief... Christian! it is contrary to every promise of God's precious Word that thou shouldst ever be forgotten or left to perish... Where were the truth of Christ's words- "I give unto my sheep eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them to Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."?... Where were the veracity of God, His honour, His power, His grace, His covenant, His oath, if any of those for whom Christ has died, and who have put their trust in Him, should nevertheless be cast away? Banish those unbelieving fears which so dishonour God... Let the eternal life within thee express itself in confident rejoicing... 
-C.H. Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment