Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lets Get Personal: Higher Than I



...Lead me to the rock that is higher than I
Psalm 61:2

Jesus, it is you I lift my eyes to. Everything around me clutters my plain of vision. Left and right, ahead and behind lay the cares, victories, pain and responsibilities that make up my everyday. Though not all are bad, each new morning I know I will have to push my way through them, 'make it' if you will. Whether it is a distressing task or a stroll in the park it is easy to get lost in this plain as ultimate reality in and of itself. It is not until I lift my eyes higher than the present, upwards toward eternity that I see you Jesus, my rock, higher than I. You alone bring stability and perspective to my cluttered plain; like focusing on a stationary object after spinning in place to long, you set things right. Lord, lead my eyes up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment