Monday, September 5, 2011

Lets Get Personal


Oh, grant us help against the foe, for vain is the salvation of man!
Psalm 60:11

It is not that I lack coping mechanisms or distractions from all that dissatisfies in this world and within myself, the problem is they are just what I have named them to be: coping mechanisms and distractions. They are all vanity; superficial bandages I have put on my cuts to heal the deep hemorrhaging within. They can not and will not last nor go to and heal the source of pain and injury. No, only Christ can help us against the foe. Only Christ has eyes to see the things of deep and, like a Great Physician would, the power to heal the most inner wounds and scars. Holy Spirit, help me to recognize bandages as bandages, insufficient and silly for necessary healing. Jesus you are our only true help, all else is vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment