Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lets Get Personal: A Look Into My Journal


I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
-Philippians 1:12-14

Our suffering and trials speak volumes to non-believers about the God that gives us the strength to bear them with joy and encourages fellow believers to claim the strength and hope we have seized in more desperate circumstances.

Lord, help me see suffering and trials as an opportunity for you to minister to others and bring glory to yourself. Build me up in times of smaller trials so that when the storm comes I might have experiential knowledge of your faithfulness and be confident that your promises hold true, even in the darkest and bleakest of places.

No comments:

Post a Comment