Friday, May 7, 2010

Morning


Great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them all.
-Matthew xii 15

What a mass of hideous sickness must have thrust itself under the eye of Jesus!... Yet he was ready for every new shape of the monster evil,  and was victor over it in every form. The heat of fever, the rage of madness, the filth of leprosy... all knew the power of His word, and fled at His command....

It is even so this morning. Whatever my own case can be, the beloved Physician can heal me;  and whatever may be the state of others whom I remember...in prayer, I may have hope in Jesus that He will be able to heal them of their sins... He who on earth walked the hospitals, still dispenses His grace, and works wonders among the sons of men: let me go to Him at once in right earnest...
-C.H. Spurgeon 

No comments:

Post a Comment